WIN specializes in providing turnkey weather based monitoring and modelling solutions for agribusinesses, producer organizations, government agencies, researchers and others. WIN makes models easy to use at the farm level by providing a connection to innovative research with site-specific applications.
- SPRAYcast™ (sponsored by Bayer CropScience)
- Forecast of spray conditions to minimize off-target pesticide movement
- Identifies times during the day that are more or less favourable for spraying
- Users select their field location on an interactive map, choose boom height and can view site-specific information
- Research Corner
- Other Tools
- Field Mapping
- Users create a profile and use GoogleMaps© to identify the location of a field
- Users can save as many fields as they wish in their profile
- The identified fields drive the site-specific advisories and other tools throughout the site
- Analytical Maps
- Monthly Rainfall
- Monthly CHU
- Past Fields—information saved from last seasons’ registered fields
- Programmable Alerts
- Site-Specific, Weather-Based Agronomic Calculations
- Crop Heat Unit accumulation
- Growing Degree Day accumulation
- Weather Forecasts
- Daily—10 days
- Hourly—5 days
- Predicts deoxynivalenol toxin concentration in wheat at harvest
- Uses actual, forecasted and historical weather data with field-specific agronometric data
- Assists in strategizing which fields with elevated DON potential should be harvested first
- Predicts Septoria tritici leaf spot and powdery mildew foliar diseases
- Proprietary hourly temperature/leaf wetness/relative humidity algorithm
- Daily disease severity values are accumulated and graphed
Visit the Registration Page and fill in your basic profile details. Some fields are required, but all personal info will be kept confidential. After clicking Submit you’ll receive an email from the webmaster confirming signup.
Step 2: Locate Your First Field
Enter a street address for your field or use the GoogleMap to find it (zoom in and scroll as needed), then left-click to mark a pin. Next, select your crop (wheat, corn or other).
Step 3: Enter Agronomy Details
The information you enter here assists with automated process and mathematical models that work behind the scenes. The Planting Date, for instance, powers the Growth Stage Calculator. Tillage and crop info from two previous seasons is used in the DONcast® model, which is currently being redeveloped for corn and will be available soon.
Hit submit and registration for that field is complete! You can add as many more fields as you like.
Now you’re ready to start using the My Fields dashboard tools, including the Corn Growth Stage and Drydown Date models, CHU and GDD data, weather forecasts and interpretive maps.
- My Station
- Access and analysis of the actual raw data collected by Weather Partner’s station
- Graphical comparisons of current data with historic and 30-year-normals
- weather-based 5-day advance forecast for improving grain drying and conditioning in “ventilation only” grain storage systems
- Live Data
- Real-time view of readings directly from the Weather Partner’s station
- Access to addVANTAGE Pro data-analysis software
- Weather Reports
- Interactive tool for comparing up to three years of data